My wonderful, lovely, animal-whispering, expert-baker cousin Bridget nominated me for the Liebster award a few weeks ago. She has an awesome cooking blog that features lots of delicious vegetarian meals and scrumptious baked goods (I’ve eaten a lot of them). So, thank you Bee, not only for nominating me and being so kind, but also for feeding me amazing food whenever I come over!
The rules for the Liebster award are simple:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger
3. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 5 or more bloggers
5. Let all of the nominees know they have been nominated
6. Write 11 new questions for your nominees
I’ve been busy this week and haven’t had time to take any pictures, but I was itching to post something and then I remembered the award. I forgot about it because these kind of things make me weirdly nervous and I was putting it off.
But that’s silly, so onto Bridget’s questions!
1. What are your top 3 books?
1. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (NOT Meyers) Such a good rom-com type book.
2. Harry Potter and Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
3. Lola and The Boy Next Door also by Stephanie Perkins
2. What is your favorite vacation location?
For an every year type vacation, I would have to say my grandparent’s beach house in New Hampshire, but as for an “exotic” location I’d have to go with a tie between Florence and Siena in Italy. I am limiting this only to places I’ve been.
3. What made you decide to start blogging?
A few things. One was a video by Youtube’s Evelina about personal style. She talked about starting a fashion blog just as a way to catalogue your personal style for yourself. This was a new way of thinking about it for me. It took some of the pressure off. Another thing was a job posting at Free People running their blog. And absolute dream job to me. One of their qualifications was two years of blogging experience. That really helped me make up my mind.
4. What strange jobs did you want to have as a child? I wanted to squeegee at gas stations…
I wanted to be a librarian or a checkout person at the grocery store. I was super obsessed with scanners. You wouldn’t believe how excited I was when price checkers and self checkouts became a thing.
5. What TV show are you embarrassed to admit watching?
The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I think I’ve seen almost every episode…no shame!
6. If you could suddenly become fluent in another language, what would it be and why?
Hmmm…I might have to go with Spanish. I took four years in high school and I really liked it. I gave it up when I went to college because it wasn’t required. Sometimes I wish I had stuck with it. And sometimes I still try to translate songs in my head to keep myself from forgetting everything.
7. What is your most irrational fear?
I have a really bad fear of heights. Last year I visited the Tower of America in San Antonio and nearly passed out on the observation deck. Which was completely enclosed, yet I couldn’t stop thinking that it might fall apart and I would plunge to my death.
8. How many tabs of Safari/Firefox/Explorer etc. do you have open right now?
Seven…I think I had eleven about an hour ago.
9. Are you scared of bugs?
Bees, no. Spiders, not really. Centipedes, hell yeah!
10. What song is in your head right now?
Brave by Sara Bareillis. One of my coworkers was singing it earlier today.
11. What app do you use most often on your phone?
Pinterest. Or Instagram.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I’m 4′ 11″ tall…aka really short
2. I wear a size 4 shoe…aka I wear a lot of children’s shoes and boots
3. I am just about to start my senior year of college…it’s going by so fast!
4. One of my all-time favorite shows is The O.C. (need this shirt)
5. I was really shy before college.
6. I’ve had the same best friend since second grade. We won class best friends in high school! ❤ you Rach!
7. I dream of having a creative job…like a photographer/stylist/blogger.
8. I was a hard-core knitter for eleven years. Now I prefer painting, blogging, and photography, but I think I’ll get back into it one day.
9. My top two favorite bands are Death Cab for Cutie (Chris Walla is leaving…sob), and First Aid Kit.
10. I read five books last week two weeks. The new release from Stephanie Perkins and almost everything Gayle Forman has written.
11. Some extracurricular goals for this school year: take a hike, go to the spring concert, a foam party, go somewhere really awesome for spring break, go to the free ice skating rink…
Now, I can’t really think of anyone to nominate, which is why I put this off for so long. All of the blogs I can think of have already done the tag, so I am going to tag anyone who is reading this is wants to do it!
1. What made you start blogging? (I stole this one, but I think it’s important)
2. You just won a ticket for you and one other person to anywhere for a week’s vacation, all expenses paid. Where are you going and who are you bringing?
3. Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
4. What is your current favorite song?
5. What is your dream job?
6. If you had a theme song that people would hear as you passed by them on the street, what would it be? (the idea for this goes to my brother. He runs a professional sports blog, you should check it out).
7. What outfit do you feel most yourself in?
8. If your wardrobe could only come from one store for the rest of your life, (price is not an issue, you get all the clothes for free, but can’t shop anywhere else) what store would you choose?
9. If you had to change your first and last name, what would your new name be?
10. What song would you sing at a karaoke night? (I’ve been thinking about this for years and can’t decide)
11. What are some of your goals for the fall?
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Until the next post!
Dress from Anthropologie